From talking to a lot of mums there’s a feeling out there that babies should have a certain bedtime, but what’s an adult’s bedtime? I have a friend who, if she were allowed to, would go to bed at 7:30 PM and I have friends who don’t go to bed til midnight. Adults have different bedtimes, so do babies.
Babies’ bedtimes are going to be influenced by a range of things. When their last nap was, how well they napped through that day, what their activity levels were. All of these things are going to be influencing what time they’re ready to go to bed.
Something I hear all the time is, “I could tell he was really tired, but I know he’s not supposed to go to bed till 7:00 so I just have to string him out until it gets to 7:00.” Stringing out a baby for a certain bedtime is not a good thing. You don’t want to be stringing your baby out. If your baby is tired, put your baby to bed. That is literally as simple as it is. If they’re tired at 5:30 and they’ve had a super long day, or they missed naps because they were out, or they didn’t nap as well as they normally do, just put them to bed.
I don’t want you to be thinking that there’s a certain bedtime for babies. It’s really a function of those factors that I mentioned before. So I hope that helps.
Are you TIRED of being so tired?? We can help!
Access ALL the expert sleep knowledge and support you need to start making changes tonight! CLICK HERE –> http://bit.ly/2Bhz31A
- Immediate access to the complete Baby Sleep Project. Pay by PayPal and have access to all the information within 5 minutes.
- NO CIO – we will NOT tell you to shut the door and leave your little one to cry it out.
- 30 day email access to our team of qualified child sleep consultants as you put it into place
- Accessible via phone, tablet or PC
- The ONLY online sleep program with a money back guarantee on improvement
- Implement immediately
Join our community
We will only send you information parents tell us they want! Baby sleep tips, case studies and innovations in the baby sleep industry.